Monday, August 6, 2012

Sandboarding in Concón

 Saturday, a group of us decided to head to Concón for a day of sandboarding.  We got there and walked the dunes for a bit taking in the beautiful scenery.  We then decided it was time to rent a board.  There were three options:  a snowboard looking one, and then two sled types.  We asked the guy which of the two sleds would be better because the sand was a little sticky from the rain the day before.  He responded: the plastic one.  So here I am ready to sandboard!

And here I am actually sandboarding!  And I don't have a picture of it, but about ten feet after this picture was taken, I was face down in the sand without a board.  Plastic was the way to go...if you like racing down a sandy hill at a million miles an hour.  
Even though I had a bad spill it was a ton of fun and absolutely gorgeous! 

3 comments:

  1. how fun! did you then get in the water? I realized it's winter there...right?

    have a great week!
    aunt steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, we definitely could have but the water is freezing right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsey! I can't believe the incredible adventures you're having!!! I'm SO happy for you...everything you're doing and learning and seeing,just amazing! And good for you, making it to the top of the mountain...I'm not at all surprised! ( Those good old Colorado peaks you scaled helped.Huh!?) I think Max is right, a coyote has longer skinnier legs. Lucky you, I've never seen a wolf in person!xxoo Loving you, Buelah

    ReplyDelete