Friday, August 10, 2012

Mi Casa

 This is my house for the next five months!  The picture to the left is of the gate that you have to open in order to actually get to the house. 
 Once you're past the gate, this is what you see...
 Here's the dining room (the window on the left opens into my room).  We only eat here for Sunday lunches, or when company is over. 
 To the right we have the living room.
 And here's the kitchen...where I spend most of my time.  This is usually where we eat our meals. 
Last but not least, this is the bathroom.  Pretty standard, except for the bidet that's hanging out in the corner.   

6 comments:

  1. looks like a lovely comfortable home Kesley. LOVE the color in the kitchen. What is Chilean food like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's different, but good. A lot of the food is the same (lots of fruits and vegetables) but almost everything is served cold including cooked potatoes and broccoli. Lots of really good seafood, bread, and sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice home, Kelsey! I echo Steph, love the colors in the kitchen....Do you ever do any of the cooking? What kind of sandwiches do you eat?And what are the most common spices? Love,love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I baked cookies the other day, because they have never heard of chocolate chip cookies before. They loved them. But other than that I haven't really done much in the kitchen. My host mom is going to teach me how to make empanadas soon. We eat a lot of avocado/chicken sandwiches, and they don't use anything other than salt and oil to flavor the foods. They hate spicy things as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute house!! I think I see some of Nano's figurines in the living room! So interesting that they hate spicy things. I'm surprised. When do we get to see a picture of la familia? I miss you Kelsey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss you too mom! I'll get a picture of la familia manana...the parents just got back from their trip this evening

    ReplyDelete