Monday, August 27, 2012

Pomaire

This past Saturday, ISA (my study abroad program) took us to the town of Pomaire.  It is known for its pottery, and as you can see from the picture on the left, people make it right on the street.  It was a tiny town, but there were a ton of shops to go into!  It was a great place to buy souvenirs. 
 Along with their pottery, they are also known for having empanadas gigantes (gigantic empanadas).  They weigh close to a kilogram.  I really wanted to get one, but knew there was no way I could finish the whole thing so I settled on a regular sized one.  The shop that I bought mine from was making another batch in the wood burning brick oven seen to the right. 
And no lunch would be complete without some sort of dessert.  In my case, chocolate covered pineapple. 

1 comment: