Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Cafes and Restaurants in Cerro Alegre

 "El Desayunador" was probably our favorite breakfast place in the area.  They had good eggs, and awesome juices!  Max always got the Mapuche which came with a large piece of bread, avocado, tomatoes, hashbrowns, and lots of merken (a local spice). 
 This was taken at Color Cafe.  It was the first time I had been there, but all of my friends told me it has the best hot chocolate in all of Valpo, and they weren't lying!  The hot chocolate with manjar was amazing!  Max had an espresso, which wasn't the greatest considering coffee in Chile kind of sucks...oh well.  


 
  I don't know about my mom and Max, but the restaurant to the left was definitely my favorite of the whole trip.  It was called "Fauna" and had an incredible view of the city and the ocean.  The food was great too!  I had the best salad, with whole lettuce leaves!  (Something else that I've never experienced  in Chile, because everyone shreds the lettuce) 






I don't remember the name of this cafe, but it has an incredible view of the ocean as well!  It was really cold after a few minutes of sitting outside though, so we moved inside before we ordered.  We had a sandwich with ave con palta (chicken and avocado) and some fries...something we ate almost everyday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment