Monday, July 30, 2012

Pablo Neruda's House

This is the outside of Pablo Neruda's home in Valparaiso.  He has two other homes in Chile; one in Santiago which we visited and one in Isla Negra.  No cameras were allowed inside of the home unfortunately, but I can assure you that the rooms inside were just as cool as the outside.  His intention was to have the shape of the house mimic the shape of a ship.  This makes sense because when looking out of every westward facing window, one has a very clear view of the port. 

4 comments:

  1. What great looking architecture!

    hasta bebe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your family is blog challenged..I'll try to help :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've figured it out (fingers crossed). Kelsey - I love your pictures and your explanations and descriptions! I can't wait to get down there and have you for our very own tour guide!! xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete